A major 2-LP exploration of Tokyo's cutting edge 80s sound through the music of cult Japanese label Nippon Columbia and its Better Days imprint, selected by British radio presenter and DJ Nick Luscombe.
For the occasion, WEWANTSOUNDS have teamed up with journalist and Japanese music expert Nick Luscombe who was granted rare access to the much-guarded Nippon Columbia's vaults for a masterful selection encapsulating the fascinating sound of Tokyo in the late 70s and 80s.
The selection mixes electro, synth-pop, funk and ambient and features such artists as Ryuichi Sakamoto, Mariah, Shigeo Sekito, Juicy Fruits, Hitomi "Penny" Tohyama and Yumi Murata.
The tracklist includes many sought-after rarities and hidden gems which have never been released outside of Japan and the set has been newly remastered by Nippon Columbia.
The album has been designed by famed London-based designer Optigram and is annotated by Nick.
1. Ryuichi Sakamoto - The End Of Asia
2. Mariah - Shinzo No Tobira
3. Chika Asamoto - Self Control
4. Jun Fukamachi - Treasure Hunter
5. Yumi Murata - Watashi No Bus
6. Hitomi Penny Tohyama - Rainy Driver
7. Yumi Seino - La Maison Est En Ruine
8. Kyoko Furuya – Tokyo
1. Kazue Itoh - Chinatown Rose
2. Kazumi Watanabe - Tokyo Joe
3. Juicy Fruits - (Jenie Gets Angry)
4. Haruo Chikada & Vibra-Tones - Soul Life
5. Colored Music - Heartbeat
6. Akira Sakata - Room
7. Yasuaki Shimizu - Semi Tori No Hi
8. Shigeo Sekito - The Word II